IRL - Had to Share

State War Academy
Monthly Kills
Hey there internet spaceship friends,
In game I am Levi Civita and I may not be online as much, but I try to be there for big ops. Part of the reason is that I travel a lot for work and yesterday was a banner day for me. I am one of the owners of an Architecture and Engineering firm and was asked to testify to congress for pedestrian and bicycle safety yesterday. I bike a lot, and it meant a lot to be able to represent professional engineers on a subject that means a lot to me. Work went all out and hired a photographer and media person to follow me around. I felt pretty big time.

Full testimony is here in case there are other multimodal friendly beans here - I start around minute 42 and then had to sit there for another 2 hours fielding random questions:
https://transportation.house.gov/co...-improving-the-safety-of-our-nations-roadways

I will see you in space fellow beans...

1.jpg

Attachments

bustaone

Republic University
Monthly Kills
Yo Busta - nice to see more PEs on here - what location do you practice at?
MN, I'm more structural/construction but somehow ended up in transportation. One of the joys of CE is its amazing variety. I've designed roads, dams, retaining walls, bridges, stairs, building support, traffic signals, etc. Now mostly PM.

You mainly focus on complete street type work? Sounds like you've moved a bit past the designer phase.

State War Academy
Monthly Kills
MN, I'm more structural/construction but somehow ended up in transportation. One of the joys of CE is its amazing variety. I've designed roads, dams, retaining walls, bridges, stairs, building support, traffic signals, etc. Now mostly PM.

You mainly focus on complete street type work? Sounds like you've moved a bit past the designer phase.
Yes, about a decade ago I was primarily in design, then went into operations, then management, now marketing / leadership in firm. About 16 years in with this firm. Was named an owner a few years back.

I definitely love it!

@ariadne - thanks!