Alpha sp farm

Pator Tech School
Monthly Kills
Hi guys
As the title says the question I’m asking today is if it’s possible to sp farm using alphas and if so is it a good investment?

Pator Tech School
Monthly Kills
You cant SP farm alpha clones as they are capped at 5 million SP and you need at least 5.5 million to extract [you cant extract to below 5 million SP]

Best way to do it for low cost is set up your 3 new alphas on the same account and then omega the account and use multiple training certificates to train the other 2 chars, this is cheaper than having 3 omega accounts.

Regarding profits, it will make you some money but its a significant time sink if you don't inject the chars up to 5 million sp. If you do choose to inject 3 chars to 5 million SP the cost outlay is significant. The injector market is pretty stable and whilst you will see a profit eventually the cost of buying the extractors and broker fees also needs to be factored in. The price is variable when galaxy packs etc are on sale via CCP store or Green Man Gaming etc you need to decide when to sell your injectors to take into account the market variance and supply and demand. You will make enough isk to plex the account , buy the extractors and the MCT certificates but you wont be buying a titan tomorrow with your dank isk profit. The profit you make multiplies by the number of accounts you run. Its not unheard of for serious SP farmers to have 50 + accounts.

I use my SP farms for my own injectors as and when i need to train an alt into something specific. There are really good guides elsewhere on this forum that you should read and understand before you embark on this path.

The Scope
Monthly Kills
Just to add, it's 100% not worth it to inject an SP farm unless you have other uses for the char. For example:
- 3 MCTs get you an SP farm after 3 months and costs 3B.
- 9 SIs get you an SP farm instantly but costs like 6.4B.

The thing is, you won't make the 6.4B-3B=3.4B in profit with the 3months you gain. So it's always a bad choice.