Getting started

Kai Un

Brutor Tribe
Monthly Kills
I am a semi new player (Been playing eve for around 30 days) and I just wanted to find out what I should do to get started. First off, I understand I should move my stuff to somewhere in lowsec? This shouldn't be a problem I have an industrial on hand, but I didn't see mention of how to get involved in the pvp and mining (I've been doing mining and pve and wanted to move to pvp) and what voice communication I will need
Also is there any pve down there? Will I have to scan down combat sites for pve?

State War Academy
Monthly Kills
o7, first of, welcome to PH!

You should start by reading your welcome mail in game, reading your corp bulletin (accessible both in-game and here on this website).

First off, I understand I should move my stuff to somewhere in lowsec?
Meh, it really depends on what's your stuff exactly, we have several courrier services that are able to move your stuff for you for isk, generally from Jita but they might be able to do a custom job if you ask nicely.
Moving expensive stuff by yourself is fairly dangerous, less if you're able to scout yourself or own a JF, and depending on what's your stuff it might be cheaper to actually sell it in Jita (using of course a toon that isn't in PH for moving it in HIghsec, otherwise you're at risk of being killed by wardeccers) and then buy back some stuff in r1o.

I didn't see mention of how to get involved in the pvp and mining (I've been doing mining and pve and wanted to move to pvp) and what voice communication I will need
Also is there any pve down there? Will I have to scan down combat sites for pve?
That's because you did not took the time to read your welcome mail, your corp bulletin, read a bit of the forums and so on. There's a fuckton of extremely important information that will help you.
Amongst other things you'll find informations on how to setup mumble & discord, your in-game overview, where and how to PVE, learn how to be safe, where and how to mine in group which'll provide you with safety in numbers and sweet boosts, where and how to PVP both in standing fleet around TKE and in big stratops, ....

There's a lot to take into account and it can be hard to keep track of everything, just take your time, remember to ask your questions we have a newbean help channel both in game and on discord. There's a youtube channel which contains recording of previous classes given to our members which is really valuable information, you should take the time to listen to em while playing you'll learn how to stay alive in nullsec, how to use your dscan, ....

Remember to start slow and cheap, i know it can be tempting to buy an expensive PVE ship and directly start making money, but if you don't have the basics you'll just die and it can be discouraging.
Same thing with pvp, start with the free tackle and ewar ships and once you'll get confortable you'll upgrade. No need to waiste money on expensive DPS ships if you don't have a good understanding on how things works around here.

And finally search for answer by yourself a little bit, i know it's tempting to ask everything but eve is a complicated game and there's a lot of newbeans coming to pandemic horde, NBIs and other members are here to help you but they unfortunately can't take hours of their days comms with you explaining how things works. You'll note i'm deliberately not linking you to all the awesome resources i'm citing especially to encourage you to look for it by yourself, you won't go far if you're not able to do that.

Will I have to scan down combat sites for pve?
You can find both anomalies that you have to scan and anomalies you can directly warp to.

Have a good day!