EVE Vegas 2017 Recap

Alcoholic Satan

A Blessed Bean
Monthly Kills
For those of you who weren't fortunate enough to go to Eve Vegas, or ended up going with a different corp, because alts.. Come take a trip with me and live Eve Vegas through the eyes of other Panfam members, and myself. Also, if you have any pictures of Eve Vegas that aren't up here and you want them to be, please feel free to PM them to me on Discord so I can add them into here.

Eve Vegas kicked off for some of us Monday the 2nd of October, but for most of us, Vegas kicked off with Graydor's Panfam BBQ at his house on Thursday the 5th. The morning was a hectic one, with Graydor and I having to pick up Dylana and Agent SMITHVIRUS from the airport.

Also, for all the Dylana x Satan shippers out there (mainly just @Cake Apple)

Waiting for Smithvirus though was quite the time, as he came in about 40 minutes after Dylana did. Even when he handed though, things got off to quite the start. Agent let me know what he was wearing, and I even told him where to go, but we couldn't find him anywhere. I tried calling him a few times, and he refused to answer the phone. After some walking around, we found Agent SMITHVIRUS at the WRONG BAGGAGE CLAIM, despite periodic notices over the loudspeaker of where his flight's baggage was being claimed. Here's a shameful picture of him lagging behind as we walk back to Graydor's car so we can get ready for the BBQ.

After that was fairly relaxing though. Dylana, Graydor, and I had started prepping for the BBQ. The plan was to prep up some ribs, while also having some hotdogs, burgers, and various potato salads/coleslaw for anyone who wanted them. Thankfully, the ribs were a huge hit, and it was the only thing we ran out of during the party. Here's a picture of the Head Chef (Graydor) and his assistant (Satan) manning the grill as people arrive.

You had people from all major Panfam entities such as Waffles, PL, and Horde (even if Doom says Horde isn't Panfam) show up. Soon, Graydor's became property of PL, and the TCU was placed and toasted.

Here's a picture of some Waffle bros, with that suav fucker Kuhn all the way to the right.

And a picture of one of your finest directors (Kalbuir) swinging with the drunken lord himself (that cup in my hand didn't last long. I ended up dropping 2, and switching to a sippy cup. Yes, a sippy cup.)

The party lasted from 2300 eve time - 0500 eve time. For those who weren't able to join us, some people joined via videochat in Google Hangouts. I think next year it might be streamed on Twitch, but that's not until next time. Soon, people went their separate ways and uber'd back to The Linq to check into their hotel rooms, as some people came straight from the airport, and others to hit the rack and pass out after a long night of drinking. Poor Vega doesn't remember a thing about the night, and I consumed a little over 1/2 a handle of Jagermeister.

Friday is when the festivities began, with the only events being the Welcome to Vegas presentation, the Keynote speech, and what CCP has been up to. The registration line prior to that was hell though. You had 4 seperate lines to get you a red wrist band that allowed you access to the Eve presentations, then you got your swag bag, Eve Vegas shirt, party wristband (if that's the only thing you were doing), and the pubcrawl wristband. From there you had to hop into a 2nd line to get I think it was your namecard to put in your lanyard, and then another line for something else.

(rando dudes in the registration line)

(from top to bottom: Graydor, Solock, Me, Dylana)

(top: Agent Smithvirus, Alcoholic Satan, Dylana, Graydor // bottom: Kalbuir, Piratetrader, Solock)

After the presentations, we pretty much just sat around and waited for everyone to head over to Fogo de Chão . A Brazilian Steakhouse that was a 20 minute walk from The Linq. The food was absolutely fantastic. They had a salad bar and some amazing bread, and everything from chicken legs, house sirloin, NY Strip, lamb chops, to bacon wrapped Filet Mignon. If the PL dinner is held here next year again, I 100% recommend going. It can cost you anywhere between 50-90 dollars depending on if you drink anything other than water (they charge you per soda, and some of the alcohol is supes expensive.) All in all, it was a great time, and I got to meet some amazing PL dudes that I didn't meet at the BBQ.

(top: Piratetrader, Alcoholic Satan, Michdelle, Gaulle NaGael (I could be wrong, think I have him confused with somebody else) // bottom: Graydor, Kalbuir, Roger Atoll, Dylana, and Solock)

After the PL dinner, the cyno was lit back at 3535 inside The Linq, and Panfam started taking over the bar. Upon arrival, a SOV war erupted between MC and PL.

(the dude who's behind the girl looking at the camera with his elbow out, holy shit he can dance. The dude was a monster lmfao. Never caught his name but he was a lot of fun to hang out with)

(some people were asking about the girls, so I took pictures with them)

The next day, Saturday the 7th, was pretty much a day of all presentations. The fun wouldn't start until that night at Drais, and holy shit was Drais awesome. You had an amazing view of the strip, and the club was just super nice in general, even if we couldn't go swimming because there were no life guards (not that that stopped people from swimming before security got to them). We also got to see Permaband (RIP) perform, and they put on quite the show.

Alcoholic Satan

A Blessed Bean
Monthly Kills

(During the night, Kalbuir pinged Horde to send nidia the finger saying "fuck you". This is one of many of those pictures)

In between presentations, Drais, the PL dinner, and many other times, the selfie game was strong with some members.

This is what your glorious Director Kalbuir looks like running on lack of sleep, up at 4am, playing the new mobile game from CCP looks like.

Dylana and CCP Burger eating burgers at In N Out

Smithman himself

Kalbuir, Michdelle, and Roger eating Korean BBQ at 1am somewhere

Space Pope and Smithvirus together, and I was in the background pissed as fuck cause I lost my sharpie at Drais so I couldn't have him sign my Vegas shirt

Roger and Dylala at 3535

Michdelle

There was also the infamous "traitor" picture that Dylala took with Mittens

You also even have a couple shoutouts from various Horde members. Poor Smithman, even IRL, can't keep himself concise, short, and sweet. He had a 2 minute shout out that could only be clipped for 1 minute. https://clips.twitch.tv/VictoriousKawaiiWolverinePanicVis

Dylala had one too

There was also the infamous Dylala "eeeeeeeeee" when she found out she was getting an all expense trip paid for to Eve Fanfest

CCP Falcon with Dylala and Vega (Dylala won fanfest, Vega won 15 years of Plex). In total, 2 Hordelings, 1 PL duder, and 1 Slyce duder won the CCP raffles. (at least that's what I'm told)

Lastly, all the signitures I got from dudes I had met/CCP people/Panfam duders on my shirt. I fucking forgot to get @Sun Mi Song's signiture, even after I reminded him and I about me needing to get it. Also forgot @Kithran's signiture too. Gotta get you guys next year.

So, all in all, Eve Vegas was super worth it. I got to meet heads of coalitions, CEO's of corps, people who have flown in my fleets, people we had flown with in the past, and friends to fly with in the future. I don't regret going, and this will always be an event that I put near and dear to my heart. With that being said, I'm putting out a Call to Arms to all Hordelings, past, present, and future to show up at the next Eve Vegas in 2018. This year we had somewhere between 11-15 dudes show up under the Horde banner, and next year I'm setting the goal that we get AT LEAST 25 Hordelings to show up next year. It's going to be a fucking blast, and even if you go alone, you'll be with friends you've flown with before. Even if you aren't well known in Horde, COME! WE WILL MAKE FRIENDS WITH YOU AND INVITE YOU EVERYWHERE!

I'm also making it a goal for next Eve Vegas for Horde to have some sick fucking swag. Watching well established Alliances like Pandemic Legion and Mercenary Coalition walk around with flags/pins/shirts was disheartening when you're a part of the single largest corp in the game and you don't really have anything. So, with that being said, I'll be moving hell and high water to somehow make available, either on the Pandemic Horde Store or through handout at Vegas (I also want to work on getting better quality Horde images/logos on the store for shirts) :

Horde stickers
A Horde Flag or 2
Some nice ass button down shirts with corp name, or some other customizable shit like your in game name
Pins
Maybe something else/some other shit.

So start saving now! I better see you all next year!