Great First Day

State War Academy
Monthly Kills
Yesterday was my first day active in PH (Saturday I basically just flew down and didn't yet get involved).

I've had a blast so far! Thanks for being awesome guys! I may just be remembering incorrectly, but it feels like I've gotten more attention and teaching in just one day with PH than entire months in my previous two corps. There it almost felt like I was playing solo with some regular people to chat with, as leadership rarely set up anything to teach us noobs, and I had to teach myself most of the game (with aid from the help channel).

Here, it feels like there is always something going on. There's been more teaching fleets announced than I've been able to participate in.

I'm looking forward to more adventures with PH!

#REKTD

State War Academy
Monthly Kills
Just finished with my first strat op, it was pretty crazy.

The first hour was chaos, even just getting ready to leave - so many newbies, including myself, confused as to what was going on. We didn't know what ship to bring. It turns out that desired ships/fittings gets announced right before we leave, and the newbeans FC (in this case, EWar FC) then helps sort out newbeans who can't fly what the main FC calls for. Then we undock, and the main FC is calling out instructions that I don't understand, but luckily I managed to (mostly) keep my cool and just ask when I see an opportunity, or wait and hope that I figure it out later. It mostly worked out - I managed to survive, though that is probably largely in part due to misunderstanding that "drones only" meant literally no ewar rather than drones as the sole damage dealer in your fit. Consequently, I didn't warp in for our first "hit and run", and inadvertently didn't get caught a bubble that a spy dropped from our own team.

I have a lot of respect for Torreck Locke Locke (apologies if I misspell, I don't have Eve open right now to double check.). Despite all the pandemonium with us newbeans constantly asking questions, often the same ones over and over, he remained super chill the entire time, and kept us relatively organized. I had fun learning, though unfortunately I don't think I got on any kill mails this time around.

Last edited:
A Blessed Bean
Monthly Kills
Just finished with my first strat op, it was pretty crazy.

The first hour was chaos, even just getting ready to leave - so many newbies, including myself, confused as to what was going on. We didn't know what ship to bring. It turns out that desired ships/fittings gets announced right before we leave, and the newbeans FC (in this case, EWar FC) then helps sort out newbeans who can't fly what the main FC calls for. Then we undock, and the main FC is calling out instructions that I don't understand, but luckily I managed to (mostly) keep my cool and just ask when I see an opportunity, or wait and hope that I figure it out later. It mostly worked out - I managed to survive, though that is probably largely in part due to misunderstanding that "drones only" meant literally no ewar rather than drones as the sole damage dealer in your fit. Consequently, I didn't warp in for our first "hit and run", and inadvertently didn't get caught a bubble that a spy dropped from our own team.

I have a lot of respect for Torreck Locke Locke (apologies if I misspell, I don't have Eve open right now to double check.). Despite all the pandemonium with us newbeans constantly asking questions, often the same ones over and over, he remained super chill the entire time, and kept us relatively organized. I had fun learning, though unfortunately I don't think I got on any kill mails this time around.
I am glad that you had a great time on the fleet. Big moments like that are what we all wait for in the game but smaller fleets are what keep the content rolling. I encourage you to take a small ewar frigate like we were in for that fight and still engaging enemies. This game is a lot of fun when we are all playing it together. Glad you have found a place you like in Horde @Clovermite